All pastoral ministries performed on behalf of the Catholic Church in Queensland are carried out in a safe and ethical manner.
Reduce the opportunity for pastoral misconduct within Queensland and manage misconduct complaints in a fair and effective manner.
- Integrity and impartiality
- Fairness and respect
- Responsiveness and diligence
- Church Authorities in Queensland improve safeguarding practices.
- Church Authorities in Queensland improve decision-making and complaints
- Improve opportunities for individuals to raise and resolve complaints.
- Fair and effective management of pastoral misconduct complaints.
The Professional Standards Office will provide stewardship in our approach embedding safe and ethical practices, responding to incidents of abuse and misconduct and managing complaints to resolution.
The Professional Standards Office will provide a professional, fair and impartial case managements service for the resolution of complaints of abuse and misconduct.
The Professional Standards Office will be responsive to incidents and events when notified and provide assistance where possible.
The Professional Standards Office will work in partnership and collaboration with Church Authorities in implementing and improving safe and ethical practices, responding to incidents of abuse and misconduct and managing complaints to resolution.
The Professional Standards Office is overviewed by and reports to a Professional Standards Liaison Committee established by the representatives of the Dioceses and Religious Orders of Queensland on behalf of the Conference of Queensland Bishops and the Catholic Religious Australia (Queensland).